As we reflect on our work in SL&RR over 2019, we highlight many achievements:
- 2 new sites were developed
- 9 new Peer Educators were trained
- 8 new Program Partners were trained
- 3 programs were delivered
- 6 presentations at conferences and forums
- 7 new articles, chapters and papers were published
- 3 other articles were accepted and plan to be published in early 2020
- 4 other research projects were conducted
Look at those numbers! You can read more about the SL&RR community over 2019 here
Remembering Jackie Kauren
In August we lost Jackie Love. Jackie was closely connected with the South East Melbourne site and was preparing herself to be trained as a Peer Educator. A fierce voice, Jackie had tremendous pride for herself and encouraged people to stand up for their rights.
We will remember Jackie’s determination and drive. She has inspired us to continue to be strong advocates for the rights of women with intellectual
disability to be safe from violence and abuse and be in relationships they want.
She will be dearly missed. If you would like to speak with someone about this, you could call Monica on 03 5227 3020, or Amie on 03 5247 9273 or Lifeline on 13 11 14